Mahinog tourism projects post P1.5M income

Standard

Image

MAMBAJAO, Camiguin, July 26 (PIA) — The Mahinog Business Development Office (MBDO) disclosed a total income of P 1.5 million from January to May 2013, or 74 percent of the P2 million income posted last year. 

The amount covers revenues generated from the municipality’s tourism projects like the Mantigue Island Nature Park (Minap) and Queobe Eco Park and Training Center, both manned by the MBDO.

Minap generated bigger slice of the pie from its store operations, environmental fees, and rentals of facilities and gadgets such as glass boat, snorkel, and picnic shed, among others. 

The Queobe Eco Park, meanwhile, contributed P469, 273 or 22.64 percent of the total amount from the restaurant and training center operations, catering, and agricultural products. 

Mayor Alex R. Jajalla said this is the banner year for the MBDO, gaining favorable figures in the first five months of the year. 

As to number of visitors, Mantigue Island posted around 19,700 tourist visits, composed mostly of local tourists or 87 percent, while the remaining 13 percent consisted of foreign guests. 

Just this summer, the MBDO also launched its newest baby, the Taguines Lagoon Aqua Sports Facility. 

It completes the town’s eco-tourism triad destination – major tourist come-on that contributed to lessening dependency on the Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) by way of generating additional income. (JCV/PIA 10) 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s