LGU bids to assist in building model farms

Standard

MAMBAJAO, CAMIGUIN, April 30 (PIA) – Farmers/land owners with at least one hectare property may avail of the government’s High Value Crops Development Program (HVCDP) model farm building assistance.

The program is developed to tap idle lands in the province for fruit production in the kinds of lanzones (camlong variety), mangosteen, durian, and kalamansi depending on the choice of the owner.

The provincial government will provide for the planting materials, fertilizers, as well as technical assistance, while the owner for its part is required to put up a fence around the model farm.

It’s a five-year contract which gives the owner a 60 percent share, while the remaining 40 percent will be returned to the provincial agriculture’s office (PAO). 

According to PAO, the program is really helpful as the beneficiaries save much from the planting materials alone. Mostly it costs around 150/seedling, excluding of transportation expense as these were purchased from Cotabato City. 

HVCDP model farm project was started in 2013 and has about 21 model farms by now. (JCV/PIA)

Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s